Thursday, June 22, 2006

Stuff.

So, the other weekend, your humble PartsGuy was invited to go camping. Now, my usual idea of roughing it is a hotel with no pool, so actually sleeping where there's no electricity is something I usually don't partake in.

What a damned fool I've been.

It's been a long time since I've been that relaxed, unless I was at my buddy's house about 1/2 hour out of town. Wow.

We camped out in the travel trailer my buddy's mother had given him. Wasn't as bad as I thought, though I think those trailers are designed for people who're a bit less portly than I.

Anyways.

It rained a great deal of the time we were there, but I'd brought plenty of reading material, so no big deal. Amazing how getting away from the noise and hustle brought such peace.

Now I'm thinking about getting a motorhome. Sigh.

I'm gonna start out small, and get a tent and air mattress, see if I really am up for the motorhome thing. If so, after the 'ski gets paid off, I'll look around a lil bit.

Speaking of the 'ski, went over yesterday, put the numbers on, dumped in some gas and fired it up. Took a couple tires, but she fired up. Now I just gotta put on a flushing kit so I can run it on the hose and make sure everything's tip-top before I go for a ride.


So, in summary, I need to go get a second job to buy all the toys I wanna get!! Urgh.

No comments: