Friday, February 09, 2007

Stuff.

I got to thinking today about telephone manners.

For instance, I called another shop and asked for L. Someone else answered, and when I asked for him, she said 'may I ask who's calling?'

My reply? "Nope"

Maybe I'm way off base on this, but it seems to be a bit nosy. The call obviously ISN'T for you, so it's none of your business. Had I felt she needed to know who it was, I would have said " This is The PartsGuy, lemme talk to L"

Wait! I've got an idea!! The next time someone asks me that question, I'll say, "Certainly. I'm Nunya. as in NUNYA F'IN BUSINESS!!!" Wouldn't that be awesome?

Or maybe I need to increase my dosage. I dunno.


I've discovered a new way to amuse myself. All you need to do is station yourself close to the condom display at your favorite store, and wait for some lady to stop and inspect the brands. Then, ever so quietly, sneak up behind her and say "I'm a Magnums man myself!" and wait for the hilarity!

The boss was out of town most of the week for a manager's conference. It sure was fun watching the assistant mgr get all frazzled. Heavy is the yoke of power.


I've got other things going on, but they haven't developed enough that I feel comfy talking about them just yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's only polite to ask who's calling. L's in the, um, L is indisposed. Bob answers the phone and tells L that Z is on the phone. L can then decide if Z should hold until they wash their hands, Z can be called back, or Z can join them and laugh at the amuzing sounds they're making.

Anonymous said...

It's only polite to ask who's calling. L's in the, um, L is indisposed. Bob answers the phone and tells L that Z is on the phone. L can then decide if Z should hold until they wash their hands, Z can be called back, or Z can join them and laugh at the amuzing sounds they're making.

--Pointman

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with pointman. In a business setting, which you were calling, it's only polite to be able to give L a heads up that "Line 2 is Z" rather than some random asshole telemarketer or the guy from collections that's been hounding him all week.