Monday, May 01, 2006

Things on the PartsGuy's mind.

Country Music: Can't stand 99.999999% of it, which is just garbage(coincedentally, just like Top 40 music these days) All you hear on the radio these days is manufactured garbage, with lyrics about the most asinine things. It's one of the reasons I listen to a lot of instrumental stuff.

Little known fact: Most country artists don't write their own material. Look at the band members' names, then look at the songwriter(s) names. More often than not, they ain't the same person. Often, the band doesn't even PLAY on their own albums. THAT is grade A bull.

If you're old enough to remember the days when MTV (another joke in itself) actually played music videos, then you possibly remember C+C music factory. Seems some people got in a wee bit of an uproar because the woman in the video, and the one who did the singing were 2 different people. The one doing the singing was a rather large lady, while the one in the video wasn't. Imagine that. Their videos were just as BS as their "music".

Needless to say, I was quite happy when they went by the wayside. Music 'Factory' indeed. Like a good song can be bolted together like a damn car!!!! I laughed when they split up. One hit wonders.


Any one of my readers feel like cuttin' the PartsGuy a check for about, oh, $3k?? If you do, I'll be more than happy to send you a picture of me riding the Seadoo your generous contribution would buy.

Golly gee willikers, what a gorgeous 'ski. The worst part is, it's EXACTLY the one I wanted, in the EXACT color scheme. AHHHHHH!!!!

S'okay. The guy selling it is a buddy of mine who sells 'em on the side, and he's got his eyes open for a cheap ski for your favorite PartsGuy. Of course, if'n you WANTED to send a check, it wouldn't get turned down...


Well, enoug of that for one night.

I discovered a cool magazine I HAVE to tell you guys about. It's called Dirt Sports, and it covers all sorts of racing vehicles that DON'T have NASCAR on the sides (there's a rant for another day). Your humble PartsGuy is a sucker for offroad racing, and if there's one on during one of my VERY rare TV watching episodes, I'm watchin it.

www.dirtsportsmag.com

Check it out.

My r/c vehicle collection grew with the addition of a Traxxas Rustler stadium truck. I'll have pics of it sooner or later. I once bought a road car, while it's fun to wail around on the street, there's just something to be said for going into the dirt and throwing rooster tails all over the place. Dirt is where it's at, people. W00t!!! I always seem to feel so much better after a nice session of roostin' and slidin'. I need to do it more often, as the weather will allow.


That's enough for one night, methinks. I'm off to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sell all the diecasts...buy a house and a jet ski with all the money....LOL

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! That comment is spot on! He probably could sell all the R/C stuff and have a downpayment on a house, and a lot more room to do stuff! -BUT-,,, then his time would get sucked up doing home repairs and improvements, thousands of dollars would be spent on tools, the TV would never get turned on, and he wouldn't be using an Airsoft gun to shoot squirrels!