Saturday, July 22, 2006

Things I've been thinking about lately.

Lately, I've been thinking about acquiring stuff.

Why, you may ask? I don't know. I've never been one to be impressed by someone just because of the stuff he/she has. Material goods aren't usually the best barometer of someone's character.

Maybe it's because I've come to realize that it's okay to have a decent car, maybe a nice boat or jetski, maybe a nice RV to tow the boat somewhere and go camping?

Or maybe it's cause I'm pretty much a confirmed bachelor, and should have some toys? Here's a list(very partial) of what I want to acquire yet:


1)A nice(92-current) Crown Vic or Merc Grand Marquis.
2)A mid 80s Mercedes 190E.
3)25-35 ft. motorhome, RV, whatever ya wanna call it.
4)Couple of ATVs and a trailer to haul em around on.
5)Couple of 3 seater jetskis.
6)18-22 foot runabout boat.
7)94-01 Dodge pickup.
8)10 acres of land and a pole building to store all this crap.
9)Some really cool guns.


Given time, I can come up with several more things, I'd bet.

So, the burning internal question, for me anyways, is:

IS it greedy of me to go out and buy this stuff, or should I ignore the feeling and go buy what I wanna because damn it, I EARNED IT? The more I think about it, the more I lean towards the latter. Screw guilt. I work hard, I deserve to be able to play too.

Oddly, this started around the time that NEEG and I split up. Maybe I'm trying to compensate for something?

Or maybe I should quit thinking so freakin' much?

Yeah. Maybe that's the ticket.

More later, if I feel like it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with the crash dummy--you need a house to store all your stuff. You'll feel much better about coming 'home' and not have CDB to worry about, or anyone else, for that matter. Plus, if you keep everything fairly well hidden, nobody will know you have 632 remote control boats, a huge PWC, several vehicles, and way more tools than most people know what to do with, other than steal and sell for a quick buck.

Anonymous said...

ummmm i think you underestimate how many remote contol boats he has. for some unknown reason he won't let me touch any of them :(