Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-changes

So, tonight I went over to Wallyworld to basically wander around and kill some time, and scope out the hotties.

Your humble PartsGuy is a collector of diecast cars, in all scales. I'm also VERY choosy about them. If the proportions are horribly off, (Johnny Lightning, call your office) Then they ain't going in my collection. Period.

For some bizarre reason, some people are putting 28" tire on their cars, and calling them Donks, or something like that. Looks utterly retarded. Anyways, the diecast manufacturers are all falling over themselves to put out lil Donks.

As I've stated, if the proportions are wrong, no go. These are all wrong. What REALLY irks me is that one manufacturer makes some cars i'd like to see with scale wheels. Do they? nope, but they make ridiculous Donks. Assholes.

Hot Wheels does the same thing with a series of cars ridiculously proportioned. Usually, it's a model I wouldn't mind having if the dimensions were correct. Does that happen? Not often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Barbie dolls obviously sold like nutz. I saw the "real-life" doctor's wife who had plastic surguries to make herself look like the doll, and she was butt-ugly. When they shrank her down using camera stuff and placed her next to the doll, it was a perfect match. So, sometimes you have to proportion differently when you resize things.