Sunday, July 17, 2005

Can't think of a clever title.

Ok, so I found another car to add to my Lottery List.



It's the Cadillac Catera. GREAT car.

My buddy's brother owns one of these, and after the fights on HBO last night, they decided to go out for a while.

BTW, the Hopkins/Taylor fight was f**king boring. It reminded me of the Bonecrusher Smith/Tyson fight a few years back. Hopkins GAVE Taylor the title.

Anyhow, they decided to go out. I went along too, just for giggles. So, I got tossed the keys, and me being me, I agreed in about 1.7 seconds.

VERY nice car. I didn't care much for the leather interior, but for such a great car, I could deal with it. It's rear wheel drive too. Me likey.

In r/c boat news, the rudders I first made for the Chris-Craft would have worked ok, but the way I mounted them would have resulted in the rudders falling off the first time they hit anything fairly solid. So, back to the drawing board. I do have a solution in mind, though. It's going to involve using the mini-torch I have, which is ok, as I've been looking for an excuse to try it out.

Just for giggles, I checked the servos that came with the boat by plugging them into a known working receiver. They worked, so they're staying in for the time being. The foredeck has been reattached. I cleaned the top of the cabin, but the cleaner I used stripped all the chrome plating off the rails, dammit.

That's all I have for now. It's a nice day outside, and I'm not gonna waste it sitting inside.

No comments: