Saturday, July 30, 2005

Car wash tales.

Ok, so I got a bug in my ear to get the old Partsguymobile cleaned up and waxed so I can eventually get around to selling it.

I took the car to a wash stall. Usually on a sunny day, the LAST thing you wanna do is wash your car. I got there and the place was quiet, so I washed it up and started drying it off in the booth to keep the sun off it.

For some bizarre reason, some sphincter in a Corvette pulls up as I'm about 1/2 way through drying the car. This wouldn't bother me, but for the fact that there's TWO OTHER OPEN STALLS!!! But this guy just HAS to use the one I'm in. Fine.

So, I get my car washin stuff situated and move the car out to a vacuum stall that's been absolutely unused the whole time I washed the car. You guessed it, almost finished and a freakin taxi pulls up. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I get the car dried off and head to Stately Partsguy Manor. I use the Meguiar's* 3 step Deep Crystal* system to get the best shine possible. I have an orbital buffer I use to make it go quicker and keep my rotator cuff from imploding. I took the buffer out, and the wheel falls off the thing. Great.

I wound up doing it by hand. I'm thinking tomorrow my shoulder will be telling me that wasn't a good idea.

On the plus side, the car looks great now.

I also managed to get some free time to go to a wooden boat show. That was very cool, except for the fact that some freakin' old lady managed to get her enormous keester in about 20 different camera shots, luckily I noticed before I hit the button. I'm glad I have a digital camera, or that broad would have gotten her ass tossed off the dock. I'm not much of one for sailboats, but there was one entered in the show, so I stopped and looked at it. Next thing you know, I'm being invited aboard to check it out. I'm glad I did. Very nice boat indeed. It was from the late '30s, and was in unrestored condition. NIIIIIIIICE. There were also a few Chris-Crafts there, so I got lotsa pics of them. If I find a decent free photo hosting site, I'll toss some pics up.

Tomorrow I plan to finish cleanin up the old PartsguyMobile and toss a For Sale sign in the window. Maybe I'll get lucky and get somewhat close to what I'm askin for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you get one of those Chinese buffers, or what? YOU DID, DIDN'T YOU? Cheapass....