Thursday, August 04, 2005

I am the WaxMaster..Hear me roar!(or something)

So, after some careful consideration, the older PartsMobile has been given a reprieve and taken off the market. I managed to crack the windshield while cleaning it up(don't ask), so screw it. I'll keep the little beast around as a spare car, and something to tinker with, as if I didn't have enough crap around Stately Partsguy Manor to keep me occupied until June of 2008.

So, I took the new PartsMobile out to run an errand, then took it to the wash stall and gave 'er a bath. Nice and clean. Brought her home and pulled up onto the lawn, and got ready to get to work.

I've mentioned before that I use the Meguiar's* Deep Crystal 3 step system, and like it. This is still the case. I didn't finish the final wax until after dark, but CDB came out and helped me finish it, mostly because he was as curious as I to see how it'd turn out.

Very spiffy, as I'd predicted.


While I was waxing the car, I got to thinking.(This is NEVER good -partsguy research staff-)

Hush, you schmendricks! Get back to the dun- errr, Top Secret PartsGuy Research Facility!!

Rotten so-and-so's!! Next thing you know, they're gonna want to be fed!

Anyway.

I got to thinkin about a recent discussion I'd had with someone regarding whether or not the person's father was disappointed in that person. which got me to thinking, 'I wonder if I'm a disappointment too?' Moreover, how does one find out what their father thinks? Do you just walk up to him and go, "So, Dad. You've had time to watch me go through my own life. Have I disappointed you?"

Sometimes, I sit and wonder if I'm a disappointment.

I know I couldn't take the same path he did, I had to make my own. So far, I think I've done pretty damned good. I don't ask for anything. Everything I own, I worked for.

I've learned some very good lessons. Some lessons had a higher price than others, but the lessons learned are worth the price paid. Some of the things our parents said to us, i.e. 'you can't have your cake and eat it too.' AREN'T as much bullshit as we thought they were!! There's been more than one occasion where I've thought 'Son of a bitch!! They weren't kiddin!!'

I've also learned that every now and then, a nap is a damn good thing.

There's a lot more stuff, but you get the gist of it.

"I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference. "

-Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken


Ok, on to news of Da Partsguy's Fleet.

Operation Build ZRV A Workroom is coming near completion. The materials for a workbench have been acquired and cut to the proper sizes. Tomorrow, the assembly begins, and hopefully the workroom will be in move-in condition tomorrow night. It'll be nice to have all my boat junk in one place, instead of all over.

The rudders for the Chris-Craft have been assembled. Notches were needed for them to clear the propellers, and they've been cut. Assembly of the control arms is near completion, all that's needed is to drill and tap the hubs for the control arms. I plan on holding the rudders in place with a setscrew, this makes for easier disassembly later for repairs or upgrades.

Once the workroom is completed, I suspect that the backlog of projects will soon be caught up. Unless, of course, MORE projects find their way here. Maybe I should publicize my Tower Hobbies wishlist!! LOL!


That's about all for this time around.

Sometime this week, I might get off my ass and select the next Fabbo Babe of the Week. Or not. You'll just plain have to wait 'n see.


PS for Andrea: If ya see this, get ahold of me, willya? Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

exactly how did you crack the windsheild?

*the burned one in greece

Anonymous said...

I look forward to getting the tagged message in my Inbox from ZRV saying the blog has been updated. Nothing makes me laugh like reading it. PLUS, he's always right on track with the serious stuff.

It's cool to see ZRV is FINALLY getting a proper work area--it's way overdue. Organization will probably help him get jobs done 30% faster, maybe more, and the quality should be better. Talking about quality, how'd you crack your windshield while cleaning it?

Hey, shouldn't the question be, "I wonder if my father is proud of me?" Moms are always proud of you, as long as you don't do drugs and go through women like toilet paper. But dads have higher standards: you have to do better in life than they did, usually. So there's the question, "is my father proud of me?" He's probably disappointed in something, like when you didn't bang that little hottie, but maybe he's proud of you for not popping out three kids and divorcing the air-brained bitch 4-1/2 years later. Ask him.

Andi said...

LOL @ Waxmaster! That title reminded me so much of The Karate Kid!!

*walks away muttering "Wax on...Wax off...Wax on..."