Sunday, November 19, 2006

New project.

So, I've decided to embark on a new project, a fairly longterm one.

Your humble PartsGuy needs to lose a lil' bit heap of excess poundage.

When you step on the scale at the doc's office, and yer a bit north of 275, well, ya might wanna consider cutting back a wee bit. This I have done. I quit caffeine 3 weeks ago. Pop went by the wayside this past Tuesday. Calorie counting starts tomorrow, along with getting my happy ass some exercise for 1/2 hour or so a night.

So, your PartsGuy needs a lil' favor. I've decided to go ahead and give a real good run at dropping, say, 75 pounds. I know this is gonna take a while, but hey, it took a while to put it on in the first place.

My target weight is going to be 220 lbs. When I did the Body For Life thingy a while back, I got down to 227 and felt utterly fan-frickin'-tastic. After a couple of accidents at work, my back isn't what it used to be, so I had to quit the workouts.

So, to that end, I plan on consulting with the BFL people, and seeing if the workout can be modified somewhat, so I don't do any further damage to my back than's already been done.

Anyways, back to the lil' favor part. If you can, sometime during your busy schedule, find a few minutes to either post a comment, or get hold of me in some way, and ask how the weight loss thinger is coming along, that'd be just spiffy. If you've got my phone #'s, hey, gimme a shout and harass me too. I would appreciate it, and would be glad to return the favor for you. I got a lotta anytime minutes on my celly, might as well burn some up!!

Once I get up and rolling, I'll make sure to try and post updates as to how close I am to the target. Feel free to join me if'n you need to shed yer spare tire. We can encourage each other.

Call it the PartsGuy LardAss Challenge!

As I said, if you can find time to harass me, please do so. Then next summer, I'll post pics of the IMPROVED PartsGuy!!

4 comments:

Handy Home-dweller said...

go you! I know you can do this! *huggers*

Anonymous said...

i'll support ya! no problem! why don't you just call me since you've got the minutes on the celly. ~NEEG

Anonymous said...

You can do this! I've done it and I am weak! I'll be rootin' for ya!

Anonymous said...

Want to go Applebees?
Four