Sunday, January 30, 2005

Been one of THOSE days.

30th post!! Should I bake a cake or something?


So, I get home from work, and decide to clean the icicles off my deck. Sounds like a splendid idea, seeing as if there's a fire at my pad and I need to bail out, then out the door I go.

So, the damned snow melting off the roof has frozen in front of the screen door. Lovely. I destroyed the door getting it off, so I'll be springing for one of those this spring.

As I'm chipping the ice away, I notice an awful lot of it is going into my bedroom. So, I close the door. Anyone seeing a problem here? I'll give you a minute or so to quit snickering.

Ok, long enough.

So, I get all the ice cleared away. Life is good, yes?

No.

Dumbass that I can be sometimes, I'd forgotten to check and make sure the lock on the door handle wasn't pushed in. Oops.

So, there I am. My apartment is on the second story. I lean over the rail to gauge how far of a jump it might be, when I see my buddy's truck pulling away from in front of the house.

Lovely. Option 2 has left the building. This leaves me with option 1, which is not as preferable as option 2. Climb off the deck, and then get as close as possible to the ground, then jump. Luckily, I get very close and the jump isn't so awful.

Some days it just doesn't pay to get out of bed.

I went and saw a movie this weekend. If you get the chance to see " Sideways ", by all means, do it. GREAT movie. Funny as hell. It runs over 2 hours, but it's so damned good it's worth it.

I added a couple of linkies, and some other stuff on the side.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i will pay anyone that has pictures this guy hanging off the deck!