Thursday, January 13, 2005

Few things(long post warning)

Went to Duluth to see my doctor today. $20 copay told me what I already knew. Another lovely bout of bronchitis. Swell. My doc gave me some samples of a new antibiotic, which was VERY cool. I like my doctor.


What I DON'T like, is having to go to Duluth, especially after we got smacked the other day with some snow, which the city has been slow to remove. Absolutely shitty roads. Shitty drivers too. Made me wish I still had my Jeep.


http://www.save-now.com/news/archives/Charlton-Heston-Gun-Controle.htm

Go read that speech Heston gave to the National Press Club in 1997. He's 100% right. There's a link to another of his speeches. Read that too. Now I know why all those people had "Charlton Heston is my president" stickers on their trucks.

Speaking of trucks, I gave some thought to them earlier today while rollin' to the laundromat.

What the manufacturers need to do is produce a nice, cheap pickup with none of that stupid crap the yuppie pansies at Motor Trend seem to like in their pickups. Were I to go out and look for a truck today, here's my list of desires:
  1. Cruise control.
  2. Air conditioning.(not a necessity, but damn nice to have)
  3. Standard cab.
  4. 4 wheel drive. I'd prefer a solid front axle, but IFS will do.

I have no use for any electronic frippery. I don't need a freakin compass in the roof to tell me which direction I'm going. I have GPS for that.

In the 90's, GM built what I think is damn near the perfect truck. They called it the W/T, for Work Truck. No chrome, no carpets, none of that crap. If I recall correctly, its only flaw(to me, anyways) was that you couldn't get one with a V8. But, the 4.3 V6 is almost as good, and leaves lotsa room under to hood to putter around if that's your thing. If I ever find one for sale at a good price, that bad boy is MINE. Boo-ya.

I was gonna rant 'n rave about the VP of Indonesia being an ungrateful asshole, but I'm saving that for another night. I'll wait till I'm much more cranky.



No comments: