Friday, June 24, 2005

Explanation, and a rant.

Someone asked me in a comment who UN and CDB are. I've blogged about it before, but I'll explain again. UN is Upstairs Neighbor, who I've been friends with since 9th grade, which was a long time ago. CDB is the guy who lives downstairs, and spends most of his life drunk off his ass. Hence the name CDB, for Crazy Drunk Bastard.

CDB's son is one of my best friends, which is one of the few reasons CDB is still alive. (That, and I'm WAY too pretty to go to the slammer.)

Today was one of his shining moments. I took 4 days off from the glamorous world of auto parts(cough) because it's been gorgeous out the last few days. I wanted to get some sun, catch up on some stuff around the house, and get some beauty sleep. (Most people who know me will say I need a LOT of beauty sleep.)

I got the new Partsmobile to the shop to get the brakes checked and an oil change, all is well there for the most part.

I got home, checked my email, and decided a nap was in order. Naps are good, until CDB started banging on my door asking if I had a stamp. THEN he asks if I was sleeping. Hmm. I'm home, and yet no noise is coming from my place. Either I'm in the shower, or sleeping. Either way, I don't wanna be bothered.

The icing on the cake, though, was tonight. One of our neighbors saw us standing in the backyard talking, and decided to come introduce herself. Very nice, and cute too. She mentioned she was looking for a car, so I gave her some general advice as to what to avoid, etc.

Have you ever tried explaining something while a drunk bastard stands there constantly interrupting you? Not fun, especially while fighting back the urge to yell 'SHUT THE F**K UP, YOU WORTHLESS DRUNKEN MOTHERF**KER!!!' as you've figured out the cutie next door MIGHT just take offense. Sheesh.

They say patience is a virtue. When it comes to this dipshit, I have virtually no patience.

Once the new owners of my company take over, I'm thinkin I might just look into buying a house, and then no more CDB.

Time, as always, will tell.

I humbly apologize for the language, but occasionally, it seems warranted. You'd have to meet CDB in person to get the full effect.

Lord willin and the creek don't rise, you never will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed pretty hard while reading this. It's so true for all of us, well, most of us. Just glad Zach is more politically correct than me.