Saturday, June 18, 2005

Fun little exercise.

So, UN and I got to talking while driving up to Barnes & Noble.

BTW, the people at B&N are evil, and put lots of books I want right in the front of the store. Were I to put a wishlist on my blog, it'd be B&N all the way.

But, I digress.

We got to talking about cars we'd like to have if we were to hit the lottery. "Aha!" thought I, "Great subject for a blog post!!"

So, without further ado, here's my list, in no particular order. And yes, I know it's a lightweight post, but I spent a great deal of time cleaning Stately Partsguy Manor, and doing some work around the yard. Deal.

On to the list...

1) 97-up Audi A4, preferably in black or dark green. Manual tranny, and some serious engine upgrades, about 600 hp would be nice. Kind of the automotive version of the iron fist in a velvet glove.

2)94-up Ford Crown Vic, again in black or dark green. BUT, gotta ditch the chrome grill and slap in the black one from the Police Interceptor model. Also needs 500 hp.

3) Ford GT, preferably in the Gulf color scheme(blue and orange), but black is acceptable also. Hunter green is also good.

4)98-up Ford Super Duty, in dark green. I don't want the extended cab, amazingly, the regular cab will do just fine. It'd have the Powerstroke diesel, 4 wheel drive, cruise control, and not much else. This beast would be for pulling boats, and doing honest to God WORK, not as a commuter vehicle.

5) '86 VW Scirocco, in Flash Silver, just like I used to have. No further explanation needed.

6) '90 VW Corrado, just because they're cool looking.

7) '68-up VW Transporter.

8) 90? VW Vanagon Syncro. 4wd van. Need I say more?

9) 92-up Ford 1/2 ton cargo van. This one will get a vanity plate, SPR BDRM. (inside joke, you don't wanna know.)

10) '68 Chevy Nova. 2 door, 350 V8. Good stuff.

11) VW Touraeg. I don't have much use for SUVs, but I like this one.

12) Porsche 959. Probably the ultimate version of the 911.

13) '64 Ford Thunderbolt. Yummy.

14) Audi Quattro Coupe. This one is just too awesome for words.

15) '32 Ford roadster. The ONLY hot rod I would give a testicle for.

16) '58 Chevy Impala. I lust after one.

17) '56 Olds Rocket 88. Another lusted over car.

18) '58 Pontiac Safari wagon. Yummy.

19) '86 VW GTI.

20) '88 BMW M3.

21) '90 BMW 850i. Yet another lusted after car, along with the 3 series BMWs.

Okay, I went a little overboard with the choices. I could have easily listed another 20 or so, but you get the idea.

Here's where the exercise part comes in. I want YOUR list of Lottery Win Vehicles. Work up a list and email it to me at roccoguy@yahoo.com subject: Lottery Vehicles. Or, you can leave your list in Comments. List as many as you want. You don't have to list the reasons WHY, but if you want to, go right ahead. I'll read 'em and pick a couple lists to post up. This should be fun.

And with that, I'm off to grab some horizontal therapy. Been a busy day.

3 comments:

Northwoods Woman said...

Who's UN?

The PartsGuy said...

UN stands for my friend, who lives across the hall from me, therefore, UN, for Upstairs Neighbor.

I posted on this before, I guess a new post with more explanations of terms I use would be a Good Thing.

Anonymous said...

To read more about used toyota part follow that link