Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Tuesday. Woohoo.

So, the PartsDad came up for a visit last weekend, which is always a cool thing.

PartsDad has himself a VERY nice toy, a Nikon* digital SLR camera. I'm jealous. I might have to add one to my Xmas list

I also got to ride a Honda* ATV this weekend. Not too horrible, except for the manual transmission. Your humble PartsGuy MUCH prefers not to have to shift. Call me lazy.

I have a new thing to list that really annoys me. What is it with people who insist on getting into the express lane with more than 10 items??? Seriously, that's just plain rude. I'm standing in line with PartsBro's girlfriend, and this broad gets in front of us with like, 20 items. Grr. There's an older lady in front of her who's not moving very rapidly, which is fine. 20 item broad gets her crap unloaded, gets her total, AND THEN STARTS TO WRITE A FREAKING CHECK!!!!!!!

OK, this irritates me to no end. This chick had a good 5 minutes in which to write the check except for the total, but NOOOOOO. This is the reason I use a check card.


OK, I lied. There's something else that annoys me. WHY is it some people absolutely MUST walk down the center of the traffic lane in parking lots?? And while they're doing this, they're glaring at you trying to get by them? MOVE YOUR ASS TO THE SIDE, DAMMIT!!! Jeeeeeeeeze. Maybe next time I'll creep right up behind the moron and lay on the horn. My brother drives a large wrecker, and people do it to him too. I'd run em over, but it's so damned messy to wash the blood 'n stuff off the car.


Speaking of cars, the PartsMobile is coming along nicely in the Pimp My Sedan contest. I think the boss may have lost interest, or he's sandbagging. PartsBro donated some speakers to the cause, so I saved $170 there. Next weekend, I hope to get some of the lenses tinted with the spray tint I bought. I'm currently winning an ebay auction for a 10 disc CD changer, so if all goes well, that'll find its way into the PartsMobile. All the stuff I plan on doing tuneswise will fit in stock locations, as I'm philosophically opposed to cutting up a car for a stereo. Also, the idea of a stealthy system has its merits.


Not much else is happening. The new company's procedures are a wee bit different than what I'm used to, but I'm adjusting. It's all good!!




Thought for the day:

It takes 27 muscles to frown, but only 7 to pull the trigger on a decent sniper rifle.

*NOTE* The preceeding statement was intended as humor, nothing else. Don't get yer undies in a bunch. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you're lazy. Hurry up and finish your car so I can jack it, would ya?