Sunday, October 23, 2005

What a weekend!!!

Man!! what a lot of crap to talk about!!


First off, my team beat the hated Packers today. a 56 yard field goal in the last 2 seconds won it. I'm happy, but damn, that was the longest 2 seconds in my LIFE!! Now I just need Tony Stewart to win, and it'll be a double play! If I still smoked, I'd be out having a ciggy. As it is, my throat's sore from yelling. Damn, what a game.

During halftime, I got up the ambition to work on the Chris-Craft for a few minutes to finish up some last minute details before tub testing it. I charged a main battery, and added some batts for the servos and speed control, and put it in the tub. IT WORKED!!!

I have to tweak the throttle settings yet, but it works!! Now I just need to get it into the water for a run before the water freezes over. Then I'll start redoing some of the railings and stuff over the winter. I might just put the thing on ebay when I finish it. Haven't decided yet, as usual.


Work is improving by leaps and bounds. The closing procedure itself seemed like a huge hassle, until I actually did it a couple times. We're all still wrestling with the computers, but more often than not now, we're winning.

I joined the stock purchase purchase plan because it seemed like a good idea. Last payday, my deduction was more than enough for 2 shares. So, if my calculations hold true, I should be able to purchase about 5 shares or so a month, depending on stock price.


Saturday morning I dreamed I was playing an awesome drum solo. The solo kept going until I woke up and realized that, no, Neil Peart did NOT move in downstairs and set up a kit and start playing. My next thought was that the crazy drunk bastard who lives downstairs was putting up a picture. It then ocurred to me that CDB only has one hand, so that couldn't be it either.

Later that morning, the culprit revealed himself: 'twas a woodpecker, and he was attempting to make a hole in one of the eaves. I ran back in for one of my airsoft guns, but by the time I got back out, he was gone.

This morning, he returned to do some more expeditionary drilling. I was ready for him, ran and threw some pants on, grabbed a semi-auto airsoft pistol. I opened the door to my deck, and cranked off a few shots near him to scare him off. He hasn't been back yet, but he seems to like to drill early in the morning. If he returns, time for the airsoft rifle. I'm not planning on using a pellet gun on him unless he keeps returning.

Your humble PartsGuy is a bit of a softy, and would prefer to NOT kill said woodpecker. If it encourages him to go elsewhere, say the perfectly good tree in front of Stately PartsGuy Manor, then I'm perfectly okay with that, and we'll both go on our merry way. It's all good.

In PartsMobile news, I found a nice amplifier on Ebay, so I bid on it, and so far I'm high bidder. As with the CD changer, if I win, I win. If not, eh.

Yesterday found me at a local hobby shop, looking at stuff in the display case. I found this:

















Ain't it cool?? I LOVE commercial vehicles from the 50's and 60's, especially the semitrucks and straight trucks. I don't know why. I thought this was gonna be a $60 piece, then I saw the tag read $32.99!! I snapped this bad boy up, you betcha. It was made by First Gear*, who make EXCELLENT models. I was surprised to find it that cheap.

You should go to Smallest Minority and read this post .

You'll laugh. I did.


Well, I think I'm going to shut up for now. Dinnertime is fast approaching.


Maybe some more boat stuff later this week.

No comments: